Don has over 15 years of hands-on experience in Health and Safety, starting in 1998 when he set up the Health and Safety System for Standards New Zealand. He was on the Health and Safety Committee for Transpower and was the Secretary of the BRANZ (Building Research Association of New Zealand) Health and Safety Committee for 11 years. Don was an integral part of the team that won the 2015 ACC Workplace Safety Award in the Wellington Gold Awards.
Don has the National Certificate for Occupational Health and Safety (Workplace Safety) Level 3.
You will benefit from Don’s experience in:
Health and Safety
- Requirements of the new regulations.
- Policy documentation
- Risk (Hazard) identification and management.
- Worker engagement
- Health and safety committees – establishing and running.
- Incident (Accident and Near Miss) – reporting and investigation.
- Return to work following injury
- DPI (Discomfort, Pain and Injury) previously known as OOS, RSI or GPI.
- Contractor engagement
- Training courses
- Continuous improvement
Please go to our Resources and Support page for:
- An overview of the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015.
- The hierarchy of controls for managing Health and Safety risks.
- Short clips from WorkSafe that highlight aspects of the Act.