Don has over 16 years of hands-on experience in Health and Safety, starting in 1998 when he set up the Health and Safety System for Standards New Zealand. He was on the Health and Safety Committee for Transpower and was the Secretary of the BRANZ (Building Research Association of New Zealand) Health and Safety Committee for 11 years. Don was an integral part of the team that won the 2015 ACC Workplace Safety Award in the Wellington Gold Awards.
Don is now based in Whakatane and you will benefit from his years of practical experience. He has a diverse range of clients from security monitoring, forestry logging processing, charter boat operators, IT sales and support, incorporated societies, property management companies, electricians, rural and general contractors, charitable trusts and home care providers.
Here are what some of his clients say about the service they received:
- Everything went well and a lot smoother than I expected. I particularly liked the personal service. Five out of five for value for money, delivery to time, meeting expectations, customer service, ease to work with and meeting expectations. Colin Reid, Director of Computech Security Services 28/08/2017.
- Great value for money and very good customer service. Everything was on the flash drive ready to go. Well explained on how use and access it all. Craig Parsons, Director Guardian Property Services 12/12/2017.
- Nothing was too much trouble, helpful, friendly and always ready to help. Five out of five for value for money, delivery to time, meeting expectations, customer service, ease to work with and meeting expectations. Garry Cole, Director Jones and Cole Electrical 10/01/2018
Don is a member of the New Zealand Institute of Safety Management and has the National Certificate for Occupational Health and Safety (Workplace Safety) Level 3.
You will benefit from Don’s experience in:
Health and Safety
- Requirements of the new regulations.
- Policy documentation
- Risk (Hazard) identification and management.
- Worker engagement
- Health and safety committees – establishing and running.
- Incident (Accident and Near Miss) – reporting and investigation.
- Return to work following injury
- DPI (Discomfort, Pain and Injury) previously known as OOS, RSI or GPI.
- Contractor engagement
- Training courses
- Continuous improvement
Please go to our Resources and Support page for:
- An overview of the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015.
- The hierarchy of controls for managing Health and Safety risks.
- Short clips from WorkSafe that highlight aspects of the Act.